Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hospital Infection
EN 1500. Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics: Hygienic hand disinfection: test method and requirement (phase 2/step 2). Brussels: Comité Européen de Normalisation; 2013.
- The puzzle of volume, coverage and application time in hand disinfection.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2017; 38: 880-881https://doi.org/10.1017/ice.2017.85
WHO. WHO guidelines on hand hygiene in health care. First Global Patient Safety Challenge Clean Care is Safer Care. Geneva: WHO; 2009.
ASTM E2755: Standard test method for determining the bacteria-eliminating effectiveness of healthcare personnel hand rub formulations using hands of adults. ASTM International; 2015.
- Quest for a realistic in vivo test method for antimicrobial hand-rub agents: introduction of a low-volume hand contamination procedure.Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011; 77 (AEM.06134-11): 8588-8594
- Comparison of waterless hand antisepsis agents at short application times: raising the flag of concern.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2003; 24: 160-164https://doi.org/10.1086/502182
- Progress and challenges in implementing the research on ESKAPE pathogens.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2010; 31: S7-S10https://doi.org/10.1086/655995
- Impact of shortening the duration of application and the standardized rubbing sequence as well as the reduction of the disinfectant volume used for the hygienic hand rub with 2-propanol (60 % V/V).Hyg Med. 2009; 34: 19-23
- Guideline for Hand Hygiene in Health-Care Settings: Recommendations of the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee and the HICPAC/SHEA/APIC/IDSA Hand Hygiene Task Force.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2002; 23: S3-S40
- Methods to evaluate the microbicidal activities of hand-rub and hand-wash agents.J Hosp Infect. 2009; 73: 191-199https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2009.06.024
- In vivo efficacy of alcohol based hand rubs against noroviruses: A novel standardized European test method simulating practical conditions.J Hosp Infect. 2023; (00079-8): S0195-S6701https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2023.03.005
- Enterococcus hirae, Enterococcus faecium and Enterococcus faecalis show different sensitivities to typical biocidal agents used for disinfection.J Hosp Infect. 2019; 103: 435-440https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhin.2019.08.014
- Increasing tolerance of hospital Enterococcus faecium to handwash alcohols.Sci Transl Med. 2018; 10 (eaar6115)https://doi.org/10.1126/scitranslmed.aar6115
- Intra-laboratory reproducibility of the hand hygiene reference procedures of EN 1499 (hygienic hand wash) and EN 1500 (hygienic hand disinfection).J Hosp Infect. 2002; 52: 219-224https://doi.org/10.1053/jhin.2002.1299