Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hospital Infection
Saint S, Meddings JA, Calfee D, et al. Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection and the Medicare Rule Changes. 2009;150:877–884.
- Clinical and economic consequences of nosocomial catheter-related bacteriuria.Am J Infect Control. 2000; 28: 68-75
ECDC, EMEA. The bacterial challenge: time to react. 2009.
- Risk Factors for Nosocomial Bacteremia Secondary to Urinary Catheter-Associated Bacteriuria: A Systematic Review.Urol Nurs. 2015; 35: 191-203
- Hospital organisation, management, and structure for prevention of health-care-associated infection: A systematic review and expert consensus.Lancet Infect Dis. 2015; 15: 212-224
- WHO guidelines on Hand Hygiene in Health Care.World Heal Organ. 2017; 30: 64
- Preventing catheter-associated urinary tract infections in acute care: The bundle approach.J Nurs Care Qual. 2012; 27: 209-217
- Antibiotic policies to control hospital-acquired infection.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008; 61: 763-765
- Prediction of risk of acquiring urinary tract infection during hospital stay based on machine-learning: A retrospective cohort study.PLoS One. 2021; 16: 1-16
- Length of stay and mortality associated with healthcare-associated urinary tract infections: A multi-state model.J Hosp Infect. 2016; 93: 92-99
Park JI, Bliss DZ, Chi C-L, et al. Knowledge Discovery With Machine Learning for HospitalAcquired Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections. 2020;38:28–35.
- Do no harm: a roadmap for responsible machine learning for health care.Nat Med. 2019; 25
Stenwig E, Salvi G, Rossi PS, et al. Comparative analysis of explainable machine learning prediction models for hospital mortality. 2022;1–14.
Shaban-Nejad A, Michalowski M, Buckeridge DL, et al. Explainable AI in Healthcare and Medicine. 2020.
- The importance of interpretability and visualization in machine learning for applications in medicine and health care.Neural Comput Appl. 2020; 32: 18069-18083
- Interpretability of machine learning-based prediction models in healthcare.Wiley Interdiscip Rev Data Min Knowl Discov. 2020; 10: 1-13
- Interpretable machine learning in healthcare.Proc - 2018 IEEE Int Conf Healthc Informatics, ICHI 2018. 2018; : 447
- A survey on the explainability of supervised machine learning.J Artif Intell Res. 2020; 70: 245-317
- Interpretable Machine Learning – A Brief History, State-of-the-Art and Challenges.Commun Comput Inf Sci. 2020; 1323: 417-431
- Explainable Machine Learning Model for Predicting GI Bleed Mortality in the Intensive Care Unit.Am J Gastroenterol. 2020; 115: 1657-1668
- A unified approach to interpreting model predictions.Adv Neural Inf Process Syst. 2017; (2017-Decem): 4766-4775
- The eICU collaborative research database, a freely available multi-center database for critical care research.Sci Data. 2018; 5: 1-13
- Automated surveillance system for hospital-acquired urinary tract infections in Denmark.J Hosp Infect. 2016; 93: 290-296
- The development of a national surveillance system for hospital-acquired infections in Denmark The Hospital Acquired Infections Database.HAIBA. 2016;
- New ICD-10 version of the Charlson comorbidity index predicted in-hospital mortality.J Clin Epidemiol. 2004; 57: 1288-1294
Hansen BV. Acute admissions to internal medicine departments in Denmark - studies on admission rate , diagnosis , and prognosis - PhD Dissertation. 2014;
- Risk of cancer in patients with thyroid disease and venous thromboembolism.Clin Epidemiol. 2018; 10: 907-915
- Hospital contacts with infection and risk of schizophrenia: A population-based cohort study with linkage of danish national registers.Schizophr Bull. 2014; 40: 1526-1532
- An introduction to variable and feature selection.J Mach Learn Res. 2003; 3: 1157-1182
- On the criterion that a given system of deviations from the probable in the case of a correlated system of variables is such that it can be reasonably supposed to have arisen from random sampling.London, Edinburgh, Dublin Philos Mag J Sci. 1900; 50: 157-175
- Scikit-learn: Machine Learning in Python.J ofMachine Learn Res. 2011; 12: 2825-2830
- Risk factors for healthcare-associated urinary tract infection and their applications in surveillance using hospital administrative data: A systematic review.J Hosp Infect. 2012; 82: 219-226
- Analysing risk factors for urinary tract infection based on automated monitoring of hospital-acquired infection.J Hosp Infect. 2016; 92: 397-400
- Risk factors for hospital-acquired non-catheter-associated urinary tract infection.J Am Assoc Nurse Pract. 2019; 31: 747-751
- Characteristics and risk factors of urinary tract infection in patients with HBV-related acute-on-chronic liver failure: A retrospective study.Med (United States). 2022; 101E29913
- Hypoalbuminemia and Elevated CRP are Risk Factors for Deep Infections and Urinary Tract Infections After Lumbar Spine Surgery in a Large Retrospective Patient Population.Glob Spine J. 2021; 13: 33-44
- Stop explaining black box machine learning models for high stakes decisions and use interpretable models instead.Nat Mach Intell. 2019; 1: 206-215
Breiman L. Classification and regression trees. Breiman L, editor. Boca Raton, Fla: Chapman & Hall; 1984.
- Hypoalbuminemia as surrogate and culprit of infections.Int J Mol Sci. 2021; 22
- Risk factors and predisposing conditions for urinary tract infection.Ther Adv Urol. 2019; 11: 19-28
- Urinary tract infections in patients with renal insufficiency and dialysis - epidemiology, pathogenesis, clinical symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.GMS Infect Dis. 2021; 9: Doc07
- Influence of cognitive impairment on mortality, complications and functional outcome after hip fracture: Dementia as a risk factor for sepsis and urinary infection.Injury. 2020; 51: S19-S24
- Bacterial characteristics and glycemic control in diabetic patients with Escherichia coli urinary tract infection.J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2013; 46: 24-29
- Explainable artificial intelligence model to predict acute critical illness from electronic health records.Nat Commun. 2020; 11: 1-11
- Why Should I Trust You?” Explaining the Predictions of Any Classifier.NAACL-HLT 2016 - 2016 Conf North Am Chapter Assoc Comput Linguist Hum Lang Technol Proc Demonstr Sess. 2016; : 97-101
- Automated surveillance of healthcare-associated infections: State of the art.Curr Opin Infect Dis. 2017; 30: 425-431