Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Policies and strategies to promote social equity in health. Background document to WHO – Strategy paper for Europe.Arbetsrapport. 2007; 14
- Safeguarding human health in the Anthropocene epoch: report of The Rockefeller Foundation–Lancet Commission on planetary health.Lancet. 2015; 386 ([Erratum in: Lancet 2015;386(10007):1944.]): 1973-2028
- Combining evidence-based healthcare with environmental sustainability: using the toothbrush as a model.Br Dent J. 2020; 229: 303-309
- How much disease could climate change cause?.in: McMichael A.J. Campbell-Lendrum D.H. Corvalan C.F. Climate change and human health: risks and responses. WHO, Geneva2003
- Health care’s response to climate change: a carbon footprint assessment of the NHS in England.Lancet Planetary Health. 2021; 5: e84-e92
- International comparison of health care carbon footprints.Environ Res Lett. 2019; 14064004
- Green dentistry: the art and science of sustainable practice.BDJ. 2017; 222: 954-961
- The life cycle analysis of a dental examination: quantifying the environmental burden of an examination in a hypothetical dental practice.Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2021; 49: 581-593
- Climate emergency: new expert panel will set out how NHS can achieve net zero.BMJ. 2020; 368: m310
- A review of wipes used to disinfect hard surfaces in health care facilities.Am J Infect Control. 2021; 49: 104-114
- Carbon mitigation, patient choice and cost reduction – triple bottom line optimisation for health care planning.Public Health. 2014; 128: 920-924
- Modes of action of disinfectants.Rev Sci Tech. 1995; 14: 47
- Efficacy of disinfectant-impregnated wipes used for surface disinfection in hospitals: a review.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2019; 8: 139
- Sterilization and disinfection.Essent Neuroanesth. 2017; : 929-944
- The energy and environmental footprints of COVID-19 fighting measures – PPE, disinfection, supply chains.Energy (Oxf). 2020; 211118701
- The carbon footprint of waste streams in a UK hospital.J Cleaner Prodn. 2021; 286: 125446
- Embracing sustainable dentistry.Springer Nature, Dublin2022: 183-184
- Average CO2 emissions from new cars and new vans increased in 2018.European Environmental Agency, 2019 (Available at:)[last accessed January 2022])
- Life cycle assessment and costing methods for device procurement: comparing reusable and single-use disposable laryngoscopes.Anesth Analg. 2018; 127: 434-443
- Environmental impact and life cycle financial cost of hybrid (reusable/single-use) instruments versus single-use equivalents in laparoscopic cholecystectomy.Surg Endosc. 2022; 36: 4067-4078
- An environmental analysis of reusable and disposable surgical gowns.AORN J. 2020; 111: 315-325
- Environmental considerations in the selection of isolation gowns: a life cycle assessment of reusable and disposable alternatives.Am J Infect Control. 2018; 46: 881-886
- Infection prevention and control in the dental office.2006 (Available at:)[last accessed January 2022])
- Code of Practice relating to infection prevention and control.2015 (Available at:)[last accessed January 2022])
- Infection prevention and control practice standard.2015 (Available at:)https://www.dcnz.org.nz/assets/Uploads/Consultations/2015/Infection-prevention-and-control-practice-standard-effective1May16.pdf([last accessed January 2022])
- Scottish dental clinical effectiveness programme (SDCEP). 2018 (Available at:)[last accessed January 2022])
- Infection prevention and control policies and procedures.2018 (Available at:)https://www.candi.nhs.uk/sites/default/files/Infection%20Prevention %20and%20Control_Policy%20and%20Procedures_CL05_Jan%202018.pdf([last accessed January 2022])
- American Dental Association summary of infection prevention practices in dental settings.in: Guideline for disinfection and sterilization in healthcare facilities. 2019 (Available at:)[last accessed January 2022])
- Guidelines for infection prevention and control.2021 (Available at:)https://www.ada.org.au/DentalProfessionals/Publications/Infection-Control/Guidelines-for-InfectionControl/Guidelines-for-Infection-Control-V4.aspx([last accessed January 2022])
- Monitoring and improving the effectiveness of surface cleaning and disinfection.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 44: e69-e76
Eurow. Microfiber towels production process. n.d. Available at: https://www.eurow.com/pages/microfiber-manufacturing-process [last accessed January 2022].
Microfibre cloth. Available at: https://www.microfibre.ie/product/microfibre-cloth/[last accessed January 2022].
Google Maps. Available at: https://firstname.lastname@example.org,-95.677068,2z [last accessed January 2022].
Sea Rates. Available at: https://www.searates.com/[last accessed January 2022].
- Evaluation of the decontamination efficacy of new and reprocessed microfiber cleaning cloth compared with other commonly used cleaning cloths in the hospital.Am J Infect Control. 2010; 38: 289-292
- Impact of test protocols and material binding on the efficacy of antimicrobial wipes.J Hosp Infect. 2019; 103: e25-e32
- Is alcohol in hand sanitizers absorbed through the skin or lungs? Implications for disulfiram treatment.Alcohol Alcohol. 2020; 55: 354-356
- International Life Cycle Data System (ILCD) handbook: recommendations for life cycle impact assessment in the European context.1st edn. European Commission Joint Research Centre, 2011 (Available at: ILCD handbook – general guide on LCA – detailed guidance (europa.eu))
- Environmental management: life cycle assessment requirements and guidelines.2006 (Available at:)[last accessed September 2022])
- Telemedicine pilot.2020 (Available at:)https://www.england.nhs.uk/south-east/south-east-clinical-delivery-and-networks/stroke/telemedicine-pilot/([last accessed September 2022])
- Environmental protection in clothing industry.2015 international conference on sustainable development, New York City, USA, September 23rd–24th,. 2015; (p. 729–35)
- Living waters conserving the source of life.2002 (Available at:)[last accessed February 2022])
- Pollution control in textile industry.WPI Publishing, New Delhi2017
- Decontamination of textile wastewater via TiO2/activated carbon composite materials.Adv Colloid Interface Sci. 2010; 159: 130-143
United Nations World Water Assessment Programme. United nations world water development report 2015: water for a sustainable world. Paris: UNESCO.
- The water footprint of cotton consumption.UNESCO, Delft2005: 1-44
- Climate change, water scarcity, and health adaptation in southwestern coastal Bangladesh.Int J Disaster Risk Sci. 2019; 10: 28-42
- Soil salinity: a serious environmental issue and plant growth promoting bacteria as one of the tools for its alleviation.Saudi J Biol Sci. 2015; 22: 123-131
- Synthetic microfibers in the marine environment: a review on their occurrence in seawater and sediments.Mar Pollut Bull. 2018; 127: 365-376
- Occurrence, sources, human health impacts and mitigation of microplastic pollution.Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2018; 25: 36046-36063
- Plastics: the costs to society, the environment and the economy.2021 (Available at:)[last accessed February 2022])
- Capturing microfibers – marketed technologies reduce microfiber emissions from washing machines.Mar Pollut Bull. 2019; 139: 40-45
- Microfiber release from real soiled consumer laundry and the impact of fabric care products and washing conditions.PLoS One. 2020; 15e0233332
- How well is microlitter purified from wastewater? – A detailed study on the stepwise removal of microlitter in a tertiary level wastewater treatment plant.Water Res. 2017; 109: 164-172
- Energy.(2020. Available at:)[last accessed February 2022])
- Landfilling of waste: accounting of greenhouse gases and global warming contributions.Waste Manag Res. 2009; 27: 825-836
- Recycling of vat and reactive dyed textile waste to new colored man-made cellulose fibers.Green Chem. 2019; 21: 5598-5610
- Microfiber cloths reduce the transfer of Clostridium difficile spores to environmental surfaces compared with cotton cloths.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 686-689
- Disposable versus reusable medical gowns: a performance comparison.Am J Infect Control. 2021; 49: 563-570
- An environmental, economic and health comparison of single-use and reusable drapes and gowns.Asepsis. 1993; 13: 1-15
European Commission. EU climate action. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/citizens/eu_en#tab00 [last accessed February 2022].