Clostridium difficile testing and epidemiology continued to be important subjects of discussion at ECCMID 2017. New data were presented showing the importance of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) as a major contributor to the burden of hospital infections and the potential of new treatment strategies.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hospital Infection
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Multivariate analysis of factors affecting Clostridium difficile infection rates; the more you look, the more you find, but should you believe what you see?.in: ECCMID. 2017 (Abstract OS0221)
- Clostridium difficile diversity across Europe from whole-genome sequencing.in: ECCMID. 2017 (Abstract OS0227)
- Clinical outcomes following hospitalization with Clostridium difficile.in: ECCMID. 2017 (Abstract OS0224)
- Retrospective cohort study of the risk of complications and all-cause mortality in adults with hospital-associated recurrent Clostridium difficile infection in England.in: ECCMID. 2017 (e-poster EPO181)
- Efficacy of bezlotoxumab in patients with recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: pooled analysis of data from the MODIFY trials.in: ECCMID. 2017 (Abstract P2048)
- An analysis of results from the first placebo-controlled trial of single-dose SER-109, an investigational oral microbiome therapeutic to reduce the recurrence of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI).in: ECCMID. 2017 (Abstract OS0250)
- Ridinilazole treatment for C. difficile infection preserves the intestinal microbiota of patients.in: ECCMID. 2017 (Abstract P2049)
Published online: December 01, 2017
Accepted: November 26, 2017
Received: November 24, 2017
© 2017 The Healthcare Infection Society. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.