Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hospital Infection
O'Neill J. Antimicrobial resistance: tackling a crisis for the health and wealth of nations. Rev Antimicrob Resist 2014. Available at: https://amr-review.org/sites/default/files/AMR Review Paper - Tackling a crisis for the health and wealth of nations_1.pdf [last accessed May 2017].
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America and Infectious Diseases Society of America Joint Committee on the Prevention of Antimicrobial Resistance: guidelines for the prevention of antimicrobial resistance in hospitals.Clin Infect Dis. 1997; 25: 584-599
- The search for good antimicrobial stewardship.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 2001; 27: 403-404
- Antimicrobial stewardship.Mayo Clin Proc. 2011; 86: 1113-1123
- Interventions to improve antibiotic prescribing practices for hospital inpatients.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; : CD003543
- Antimicrobial stewardship.Am J Med. 2006; 119 (discussion S62–70): S53-S61
- Antimicrobial stewardship programs in community hospitals: the evidence base and case studies.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 53: S23-S28
- Limiting the emergence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing Enterobacteriaceae: influence of patient population characteristics on the response to antimicrobial formulary interventions.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2006; 27: 279-286
- Pharmacist-managed antimicrobial stewardship program for patients discharged from the emergency department.J Pharm Pract. 2012; 25: 190-194
- Antimicrobial stewardship in the emergency department.Infect Dis Ther. 2015; 4: 39-50
Agence Nationale de Sécurité du Médicament et des Produits de Santé. Evolution des consommations d'antibiotiques en France entre 2000 et 2013: nouveau rapport d'analyse de l'ANSM. 2014. Available at: http://ansm.sante.fr/S-informer/Points-d-information-Points-d-information/Evolution-des-consommations-d-antibiotiques-en-France-entre-2000-et-2013-nouveau-rapport-d-analyse-de-l-ANSM-Point-d-Information [last accessed May 2017].
- Elaboration of a consensual definition of de-escalation allowing a ranking of β-lactams.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2015; 21: 649.e1-649.e10
- A systematic review of the definitions, determinants, and clinical outcomes of antimicrobial de-escalation in the intensive care unit.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 1009-1017
- The relationship between the volume of antimicrobial consumption in human communities and the frequency of resistance.Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 1999; 96: 1152-1156
- Ecological impact of ciprofloxacin on commensal enterococci in healthy volunteers.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2017; 72: 1574-1580
- Emergence of resistance in normal human aerobic commensal flora during telithromycin and amoxicillin–clavulanic acid treatments.Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003; 47: 2030-2035
- Non-restrictive antimicrobial stewardship program in a general and emergency surgery unit.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2016; 17: 485-490
- Behavioral approach to appropriate antimicrobial prescribing in hospitals.JAMA Intern Med. 2017 May 1; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Influence of an infectious diseases specialist on ICU multidisciplinary rounds.Crit Care Res Pract. 2014; 2014: 307817
- Impact of antimicrobial stewardship in critical care: a systematic review.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2011; 66: 1223-1230
- Impact of regular collaboration between infectious diseases and critical care practitioners on antimicrobial utilization and patient outcome.Crit Care Med. 2013; 41: 2099-2107
- Effect of a stewardship intervention on adherence to uncomplicated cystitis and pyelonephritis guidelines in an emergency department setting.PLoS One. 2014; 9: e87899
- Antimicrobial stewardship and automated pharmacy technology improve antibiotic appropriateness for community-acquired pneumonia.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2013; 34: 566-572
- Effect of a pharmacist-managed culture review process on antimicrobial therapy in an emergency department.Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2011; 68: 916-919
- Cluster-randomized trial to improve antibiotic use for adults with acute respiratory infections treated in emergency departments.Ann Emerg Med. 2007; 50: 221-230
- Impact of a multidisciplinary culture follow-up program of antimicrobial therapy in the emergency department.Infect Dis Ther. 2014; 3: 45-53
- Multisite exploration of clinical decision making for antibiotic use by emergency medicine providers using quantitative and qualitative methods.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2014; 35: 1114-1125
- Évaluation de la qualité des prescriptions antibiotiques dans le service d'accueil des urgences d'un centre hospitalier général.Presse Med. 2008; 37: 6-13
- Impact of a computerized decision support system on compliance with guidelines on antibiotics prescribed for urinary tract infections in emergency departments: a multicentre prospective before-and-after controlled interventional study.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014; 69: 2857-2863
- A quality improvement initiative to improve adherence to national guidelines for empiric management of community-acquired pneumonia in emergency departments.Int J Qual Health Care. 2011; 23: 142-150
- Antimicrobial stewardship in the emergency department: challenges, opportunities, and a call to action for pharmacists.J Pharm Pract. 2016; 29: 556-563
- Implementing an antibiotic stewardship program: guidelines by the Infectious Diseases Society of America and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: e51-e77
☆This work was previously presented at the 27th European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Vienna, Austria, April 22–25th, 2017.