Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Hospital Infection
- Guidelines on hand hygiene in health care.2009 (Available at:)[last accessed February 2016])
- Epic 3: National evidence-based guidelines for preventing healthcare-associated infections in NHS hospitals in England.J Hosp Infect. 2014; 86: S1-S70
- Hygenic hand disinfection.Infect Control. 1984; 5: 18-22
- Effectiveness of a hospital-wide programme to improve compliance with hand hygiene. Infection Control Programme.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1307-1312
- My five moments for hand hygiene: a user-centred design approach to understand, train, monitor and report hand hygiene.J Hosp Infect. 2007; 67: 9-21
- Guide to local production: WHO recommended hand rub formulations.2010[last accessed February 2016])
BS EN 1500: 2013. Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics. Hygienic handrub. Test method and requirements (phase 2/step 2).
ASTM International. E-1174-06. Standard test method for evaluation of the effectiveness of health care personnel or consumer handwash formulations. 2006. West Conshohocken, PA, ASTM International.
- Standard test method for determining the bacteria-eliminating effectiveness of healthcare personnel hand rub formulations using hands of adults.ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA2015
Federal Register/Vol. 80, No. 84/Friday, May 1st, 2015/Proposed Rules.
- Hand hygiene: why, how and when?.2009 (Available at:)[last accessed February 2016])
- Improving hand hygiene at eight hospitals in the United States by targeting specific causes of noncompliance.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2015; 41: 4-12
- Product dose considerations for real-world hand sanitiser efficacy.Antimicrob Resist Infect Control. 2013; 2: P101
- Should alcohol based handrub be customized to healthcare workers’ hand size?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 219-221
- Hand surface area estimation formula using 3D anthropometry.J Occup Environ Hyg. 2010; 7: 633-639
- Advancement of the standard in vivo hand rub test methods: a critical comparison of the health care personnel handwash (ASTM E1174) and the hygiene handrub (EN1500).BMC Proc. 2011; 5: P269
- Less and less – influence of volume on hand coverage and bactericidal efficacy in hand disinfection.BMC Infect Dis. 2013; 13: 472
- The relative influences of product volume, delivery format and alcohol concentration on dry-time and efficacy of alcohol-based hand rubs.BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14: 511
- Testing of the World Health Organization recommended formulations in their application as hygienic hand rubs and proposals for increased efficacy.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 328-331
- Comparative efficacy of commercially available alcohol-based hand rubs and World Health Organization-recommended hand rubs: formulation matters.Am J Infect Control. 2012; 40: 521-525
BS EN 1500: 1997. Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics. Hygienic handrub. Test method and requirements (phase 2/step 2).
- Impact of the amount of hand rub applied in hygienic hand disinfection on the reduction of microbial counts on hands.J Hosp Infect. 2010; 74: 212-218
Health and Safety Executive. Packaging and labelling requirement for biocidal products. http://www.hse.gov.uk/biocides/eu-bpr/packaging-labelling-requirements.htm [last accessed July 2016].