Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Directive 2011/24/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 9 March 2011 on the application of patients’ rights in cross-border healthcare.
Directive 2013/55/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 November 2013 amending Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications and regulation (EU) No. 1024/2012 on administrative cooperation through the internal market information system.
- Infection control in Europe.Woodhead Publishing Limited, Cambridge2014
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Healthcare associated infections (special chapter). p. 17–38. http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/activities/surveillance/HAI/Documents/2008_HAI_%20special_chapter.pdf [accessed 03.10.14].
- ECDC Surveillance Report Point prevalence survey of healthcare-associated infections and antimicrobial use in European acute care hospitals 2011–2012.July 2013http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/Publications/healthcare-associated-infections-antimicrobial-use-PPS.pdf([accessed 03.10.14])
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Press Release, July 4th, 2013, http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/press/Press%20Releases/press-release-healthcare-associated-infections-antimicrobial-use-.pdf [accessed 06.01.15].
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Annual epidemiological report on communicable diseases in Europe 2008. Report on the state of communicable diseases in the EU and EEA/EFTA countries. http://ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications/Publications/0812_SUR_Annual_Epidemiological_Report_2008.pdf [accessed 07.01.15].
- The direct medical costs of healthcare-associated infections in U.S. hospitals and the benefits of prevention.2009
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Point prevalence survey in acute care hospitals: HAI-Net PPS 2013. http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/healthtopics/Healthcare-associated_infections/point-prevalence-survey/Pages/Point-prevalence-survey.aspx [accessed 07.01.15].
SWD (2012) 93 final. Commission staff working document on an action plan for the EU health workforce.
World Health Orgaization. Global code of practice on the international recruitment of health personnel. http://www.who.int/hrh/migration/code/WHO_global_code_of_practice_EN.pdf [accessed 07.01.15].
EU Council. Recommendation of 9 June 2009 on patient safety, including the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections (2009/C 151/01). http://ec.europa.eu/health/patient_safety/docs/council_2009_en.pdf [accessed 07.01.15].
Commission Implementing Decision 2012/506/EU amending Decision 2002/253/EC laying down case definitions for reporting communicable diseases to the Community network under Decision No. 2119/98/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council (OJ L 262, 27.9.2012, p. 40).
- Key findings and recommendations on education and training in patient safety across Europe.April 2014[accessed 03.10.14])
- Key findings and recommendations on reporting and learning systems for patient safety incidents across Europe.May 2014[accessed 03.10.14])
http://www.pasq.eu/ [accessed 03.10.14].
Decision 1082/2013/EU on serious cross-border threats.
EU Council. Recommendation of 15 Nov 2001 on the prudent use of antimicrobial agents in human medicine (2002/77/EC).
COM (2011) 748. Actionplan against the rising threats from antimicrobial resistance.
European Antibiotic Awareness Day. http://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/eaad/Pages/Home.aspx [accessed 19.12.14].
- Briefing on health inequalities.2010[accessed 07.01.14])
Médecins du Monde. Access to healthcare in Europe in times of crisis and rising xenophobia. 2013file:///C:/Users/Inter01/AppData/Local/Temp/MdM+Report+access+healthcare+times+crisis+and+rising+xenophobia.pdf [accessed 03.10.14].
- Caring in crisis: the impact of the financial crisis on nurses and nursing.2012http://www.efnweb.be/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/EFN-Report-on-the-Impact-of-the-Financial-Crisis-on-Nurses-and-Nursing-January-20122.pdf([accessed 03.10.14])
- Comparative report of health literacy in 8 EU member states. The European Health-Literacy Survey HLS-EU.2012[accessed 07.11.14])
- Briefing on eHealth.2011[accessed 07.01.15])
- Briefing on mobile Health (mHealth).2013[accessed 20.01.15])
- European observatory on health systems and policies series. Health systems, health, wealth and societal well-being: assessing the case for investing in health systems. McGraw Hill/Open University Press, London2012[accessed 14.11.14])
- EUREGIO MRSA-net Twente/Münsterland – a Dutch-German cross-border network for the prevention and control of infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.Eurosurveillance. 2008; 13
- Developments in outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) for Gram-positive infections in Europe, and the potential impact of daptomycin.J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009; 64: 447-453
- Influence of real-world characteristics on outcomes for patients with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcal skin and soft tissue infections: a multi-country medical chart review in Europe.BMC Infect Dis. 2014; 14: 476
- Outpatient parenteral antibiotic therapy (OPAT) in different countries: a comparison.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2004; 24: 473-478
- Avoiding admission and facilitating early discharge through OPAT.Br J Nurs. 2014; 23: S30-S36
Healthcare Conferences UK. Setting up and running an effective OPAT service by Linda Nazarko OBE, summary of IV therapy conference, 13 February 2014. http://www.healthcareconferencesuk.co.uk/news/setting-up-and-running-an-effective-opat-service-by-linda-nazarko-obe [accessed 07.11.14].
- Practice guidelines for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy.Clin Infect Dis. 2004; 38: 1651-1672
- Outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy (OPAT) and the general physician.Clin Med. 2013; 13: 495-499
- Hand hygiene in outpatient and home-based care and long-term care facilities: a guide to the application of the WHO multimodal hand hygiene improvement strategy and the “my five moments for hand hygiene” approach.WHO, Geneva2012[accessed 14.11.14])
- Handwashing patterns in two dermatology clinics.Dermatology. 2002; 205: 358-361
- Handwashing patterns in primary pediatric community clinics.Infection. 1998; 26: 45-47
- A study of the prevalence of adverse events in primary healthcare in Spain.Eur J Publ Health. 2012; 22: 921-925
- Position on medical devices.2012[accessed 03.10.14])
- Australian guidelines for the prevention and control of infection in healthcare.2010[accessed 14.11.14])
COM (2012) 658 final. Report from the Commission to the Council on the basis of Member States' reports on the implementation of the Council Recommendation (2009/C 151/01) on patient safety, including the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections. http://ec.europa.eu/health/patient_safety/docs/council_2009_report_en.pdf [accessed 03.10.14].
COM (2014)371. The Commission's Second Report to the Council on the implementation of Council Recommendation 2009/C 151/01 on patient safety, including the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections. http://ec.europa.eu/health/patient_safety/docs/ec_2ndreport_ps_implementation_en.pdf [accessed 03.10.14].
- Report of the public consultation on patient safety and quality of care.June 2014[accessed 03.10.14])
Decision No. 2119/98/EC.